Please Read Carefully Before Submitting Work
By submitting your work for publication to Odet, its editors, Safety Harbor Writers & Poets, and Chapter Two Press (“Publisher”), you (“Author”) agree to the following:
1. Author grants to Publisher the NON-EXCLUSIVE rights to print, publish, and distribute your submitted Work, in whole or in part, in the English language throughout the world.
2. Author grants to Publisher the NON-EXCLUSIVE right to Electronic versions of the Work. (Electronic versions shall be defined as online and digital reproductions and displays of the verbatim text and illustrations of the Work, or excerpts, in e-book form of Odet or for promotional purposes. All other electronic book or audio recording rights, including stand-alone publication rights, are reserved by the Author.)
3. These non-exclusive rights shall be granted to the Publisher for a period of three (3) years from date of this agreement, after which time the agreement will automatically renew on an annual basis until such time Author or Publisher chooses to terminate the agreement.
4. The Author vows that the Work is his/hers; that the Work will not infringe upon the personal rights of or give rise to any claim by any third party, including, without limitation, claims in defamation, privacy, copyright, or trademark; and that the Author has the authority to grant us the rights granted in this agreement. Publisher will have no obligation to publish any part of the Work which in its opinion would infringe upon such rights of any third party.
5. Other than correcting minor typographical or punctuation errors, Publisher will make no changes or alterations to the textual content of the Work without the Author’s permission and will maintain a byline crediting Author with the Work.
6. All rights to the Work not expressly granted to Publisher will remain, always, with the Author. Publisher has only the rights described in Paragraphs 1, 2, and 3.